Sunday, May 17, 2009

Tyler & the Hibiscus


Tyler & the Hibiscus
Originally uploaded by oliverleveritt
Tyler came to visit this weekend. This afternoon, he was having a difficult time with his behavior, as kids sometimes do.

After being reprimanded, he was wandering around on the patio with his bottle of water. He'd take a sip and then pour some water on the grill. He'd take another sip and then pour some water on the swing.

I was watching thru the window. He took a sip and began to water his Grandma's hibiscus plant -- right into the bloom. As he aggressively watered the bloom, he pushed it back too far and broke it.

I went outside and explained to him that flowers were to look at -- not to mistreat.

I decided that the poor broken flower's purpose in life hadn't quite yet been fully served, so I got my camera. I think my wife appreciates the photo enough that the immortilization of the sole bloom on her hibiscus plant will displace the loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment